Chicago Wedding Planner Advice
What to Expect from a Chicago Wedding Planner
Chicago weddings can involve a lot of planning. With such a densely populated and popular location, the best reception and ceremony venues often book well in advance. Vendors are pricier in Chicago than in smaller cities. With so much to navigate, a bride’s best bet is usually to hire a Chicago wedding planner.
Your wedding planner can quickly become your new best friend. Her expertise and contacts take the pressure off you and allow you to make the fun and exciting choices. Here are some tasks you can expect your wedding planner to take care of:
- Helping you establish and stay within your wedding budget
- Booking your photographer, DJ, entertainment, limo and other major vendors
- Offering guidance with your invitations and save-the-date cards
- Assisting with your overall theme, décor, and floral arrangements
- Scouting and securing your event locations
- Arranging bridal salon and Chicago makeup artist appointments
- Choosing your reception menu and drink offerings
- Maintaining a to-do list for everyone involved with wedding planning
- Attending to the bride and various tasks during the wedding and reception
- Dealing with vendor accounts and cleanup after the reception
Most Chicago wedding planners offer tiered packages. However, don’t feel like you’re stuck within the constraints of those packages. Your Chicago wedding is unique. Let your planner know if you have specific requests in addition to the elements you see in each package.